Tuesday 25 May 2021

MAY CARD CLASS

 Hi!  We had a lovely class again, with a new lady joining us (welcome Julie!), and it was great to catch up with everyone.

For my card this month I loved a card by my friend Fiona Bradley and decided to use that as inspiration.  I offered it in two colour ways and I think they both look so pretty.  

Using the stamparatus, I inked up the stamp with Versamark and then Soft Suede, and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then cut the flowers out with the co-ordinating dies.  Then using our inks and an aqua painter, I coloured the image.  For the blue card I used Misty Moonlight, Garden Green and Hello Honey.  Rococco Rose, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight were used for the pink one.

                                  



















I cut a 3/4" strip of Basic Black for the blue card and Early Espresso for the pink. I adhered it to a piece of Basic White and attached to the front of the card base using dimensionals.  I then also used dimensionals to raise the flowers.  For the sentiment I stamped on black or Early Espresso to match the strip and heat embossed in white and fussy cut.  This also was raised with dimensionals.  I added a few rhinestones too, cos you just have to have some bling!











Jeanette did two cards this month -  the first is a peek a boo card - it has a bit of a surprise factor for the recipient when they open it!




Her next card was made using our laser cut paper - so pretty and such a simple way to make a quick card!




Come join us at class and learn new techniques, make some projects and enjoy the company of a great group of ladies.  Get in touch if you are interested or want more information.

Thanks for visiting - and happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment